- 1. Why Is Regular Nail Care A Must?
- 2. What You Need for Nail Care
- 3. How To Properly Care for Your Nails at Home
- 4. Nail Care Steps Depend on the Nail Length
- 5. Salon Nail Care
It’s common knowledge that hands are a body part that is always in the public eye. In order for your hands to always look beautiful and well-manicured, it is crucial to regularly take care not only of the skin, but also pay special attention to the health of the nail plate. Beautiful, neat nails will add grace and elegance to your hands, while nail care is super easy, and everyone can cope with its basic rules. Ensuring proper home care is essential even if you visit a nail salon on a regular basis. This will help you keep your hands perfect and avoid common problems associated with nail plate diseases.
Why Is Regular Nail Care A Must?
Your nails are sure to always be healthy, strong, and neat, if you provide some proper daily care for them. To accomplish that, special tools and products have been developed, and their main tasks are the following:
- nail strengthening;
- moisturizing, nutrition with useful elements;
- increasing elasticity;
- moisturizing and timely removal of the cuticle;
- prevention of delamination, fragility, and thinning of nails.
Do not forget about the skin on your hands. By nature, it is rather thin, and is subject to constant impact of negative external factors: wind, frost, precipitation. On the back of the hand there is a small number of sebaceous glands, while on the palms there are none at all. This makes skin dry out more and age faster than the skin on other parts of the body, therefore, it needs some special daily care.
The cuticle is also likely to coarse. If you do not moisturize it and do not cut off the hardened areas, the skin at the bottom edge of the nail will cease to perform its protective functions. As a result, the nail plate will gradually thin out, crumble, and exfoliate.
What You Need for Nail Care
To keep your hands looking good, you need to do the following things regularly:
- moisturizing. Proper moisturizing will help not only keep your hands healthy and beautiful, but also slow down their aging. For daily moisturizing, use special creams that strengthen the nail plate, nourish the skin, even out the structure, and ensure smoothness and elasticity. Massage the cream into clean skin until it’s completely absorbed. Remember that for the cuticle a specialized oil, which reduces dryness and helps to get rid of burrs, is more suitable;
- nail care. The nail length should be such as not to cause discomfort when performing daily and doing household chores. Otherwise, the nail plate will become prone to delamination, brittleness, and will lose its neat appearance. To prevent these problems, it is important to keep control of the length. To do this, use manicure scissors and a file, which will make the edges more smooth and even;
- taking care of the color of your nails. For a beautiful and even color, there are products that have a whitening and leveling effect. They often contain citric acid, which effectively whitens and cares for the horny tissues. If you prefer natural whitening products, then we highly recommend using lemon juice. It’s very easy: just massage each nail with a lemon wedge on a regular basis;
- nail spa. Do it at least a couple of times a week. For nourishing and strengthening, we advise you to make baths, adding a lot of olive oil to the water. What’s important, the water should be at a comfortable temperature. After the procedure, apply a moisturizer to enhance the effect.
The condition and color of nails can say a lot about the general state of human health. If the nails are deformed, thin, rough, covered with white spots and constantly break, this is a sign of the body’s vitamin and nutrient deficiency. Therefore, apart from using special tools, it is crucial to eat healthy. Be sure to diversify your diet with foods rich in vitamins A, C, B, and E, as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Your diet should include:
- fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, berries;
- fish, seafood;
- milk and dairy products;
- nuts, dried fruits, honey.
How To Properly Care for Your Nails at Home
For a perfect manicure, you need to choose high-quality tools:
- cuticle nippers;
- manicure scissors;
- nail files;
- orange sticks.
All the above mentioned tools must be disinfected after each manicure, so stock up on disinfectant. As soon as you have all of that, you can proceed with the hand and nail care:
- Preparation. Pamper your hands with a warm bath before starting your manicure treatments. To do this, warm the water to room temperature, add a little sea salt and dip your hands into the water for about 10 minutes.
- Hygienic manicure. First, remove the cuticle. To do this, use an orange stick, push the skin back from the bottom edge of the nail, then, using nippers, carefully cut off the excessive skin. Finally, you can start working on the nail tip. With the help of a nail file, bring the length and the shape to perfection.
- Moisturizing and nourishing. After getting a hygienic manicure done, wash your hands, pat them dry with a paper towel and apply moisturizer by gently massaging it in.
Nail Care Steps Depend on the Nail Length
Taking into account the length of the nails, there are certain requirements for nail care:
- Long. Long nails are more prone to brittleness and twisting on both sides. To prevent such troubles, experts advise not to file the nails from the sides and not to abuse grinding. The main condition for a beautiful shape is regular nutrition and strengthening.
- Short. There are usually no problems with such nails. An important thing about short nails: choosing the right shape is crucial. Also, the minimum length of the nail tip should be about one millimeter. If you cut your nails too much, the risk of soft tissue damage and the appearance of an inflammatory processes increases.
Salon Nail Care
Salon manicure should be done by an experienced nail tech who is certified and qualified. During the procedure, the specialist must strictly follow the rules of asepsis and antiseptics in order to protect himself and the client from becoming infected with dangerous infectious diseases.
Salons may offer you different types of manicure:
- SPA manicure;
- Japanese, Brazilian, etc.
The combination of professional treatments and regular home care guarantees health, beauty, youth and attractiveness of your hands.